Intellectual Property Rights Policy
Reforge Charleston is intended as a community innovation space, and is open to the general public. Use of Reforge Charleston equipment, facilities, or software does not create any intellectual property obligations for the member. Any existing Intellectual Property (“IP”) obligations that apply to what a user brings into or creates at Reforge Charleston cannot be eliminated simply by use of the Reforge Charleston facility.
Reforge Charleston is not responsible for IP conflicts between members. Any and all IP conflicts must be managed between members, or if necessary elevated to litigation. Reforge Charleston is indemnified against members for this purpose. By becoming a member of Reforge Charleston you agree to this policy.
Policy regarding content posted to wiki
If you post material to the Wiki, post links on the Wiki, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Wiki (any such material, "Content"), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, a 3d model, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machineor randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your content is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Dallas Makerspace or otherwise.
User Contributions to the wiki
User contributions are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Reforge Charleston has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Reforge Charleston’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Reforge Charleston’s reasonable opinion, violates any Reforge Charleston policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Reforge Charleston’s sole discretion.